About New Heights Communications
We’re a woman-owned, progressive, full-service communications firm with a track record of winning tough fights. We serve advocacy and legal organizations, political groups, candidates, causes, and CEOs who are making a difference—helping them craft and deploy a winning message and strategy.
We’re passionate, creative, and fun. And we’re looking for someone to help grow our team.
Full disclosure: We may want the impossible. But we think our sparkly unicorn is probably out there. Maybe it’s even you, if you’re:
- A gifted storyteller. You know how to string words together like nobody’s business, and you know when a picture or video will do the job even better.
- A digital maestro. You’re great at engaging people online – and translating that knowledge into a strategy to build power.
- Successful at placing stories in the media. You like to pitch reporters and know how to frame a story that gets published.
- A voracious consumer of politics, culture and, you know, what the kids do these days.
- Willing to go to the mats for your cause and your client. You don’t quit until the job is done, and probably not even then.
- Able to maintain a sense of humor, especially when stuff hits the fan.
- Fired up about the state of affairs today and eager to do something about it.
- A great coworker who will occasionally bring us snacks. Or at least eat the ones we bring.
Mostly, you’re whip-smart, intensely curious, and want a close-knit team that is doing big things.
Core competencies (don’t need all, should have many):
4-6 years of communications and digital experience, including experience with media outreach and running digital programs.
- Demonstrated record of success placing stories in the media.
- Experience with graphic design and video production (InDesign or Photoshop, for example).
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills, including a proficient use of grammar and punctuation.
- Experience with advertising platforms, especially Facebook and Google, and a working understanding of the mechanics and metrics of paid advertising –including its strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to ensure consistency and adapt messages based on the platform and mode of communication.
- Familiarity with different CRMs (like BSD or Action Network) and CMSs (like WordPress).
- Experience developing and implementing social media strategy in alignment with overall communications strategic plan, including crafting compelling, persuasive content, graphics and video.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
Bonus points for campaign, Hill or agency experience. We like to see that you know how to juggle in a fast-paced environment.
$$ and bennies:
- Compensation is based on experience, but our salary range is $60-75K.
- Flexible tele-work policy. We have 3 “core office days” and 2 work-from-where-you-want days each week.
- Sane hours. We try not to bug you, or have our clients bug you, at night or on weekends. That said, as The Media keeps telling us, the news cycle is 24 hours and sometimes news breaks at inconvenient times.
- 3 weeks paid vacation annually.
New Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
TO APPLY, email your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.